Adventures of Show Forums

A place for discussions, updates, events, and indecent exposure.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Humor and it's cure for cancer...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chris
Admin

PostSubject: Humor and it's cure for cancer...   3/17/2009, 12:01 pm

Disclaimer: Humor will not cure cancer...but it might help you laugh about it.

We all have shitty nights. Bad things happen in our lives and at times we may feel lost or hopeless from the desperation, but the important thing to remember is that no matter how lost you get or how deep your sadness stems, there will always be some sort of light somewhere down the road. Even if it's small, like a good episode of the Office or a bike cop falling off his bike and eating some dirt (funniest shit i've seen in years). While we all have huge issues that consume our thoughts and bring us down we also will always have those tiny moments that no matter how shitty you feel you can't help but crack a smile.

I realized at our first screening that there is a reason making people laugh feels so fucking good to me. And it's because for most of my life i've been depressed, and the only thing that helped me rationalize staying alive is when those small moments would happen. "Can't be that bad if you're still laughing" i'd say. Well, that and the fear of the unknown. See, the truth is, not one of us knows what waits at the end and i don't care how religious you are or how strong your faith is, you still don't know shit. So for those of you out there who feel the crushing stress we all feel from time to time or the sadness that can sometimes feel infinite, don't lose hope and don't curl up inside yourself and block out the world. Give yourself a break and watch a good comedy, let yourself laugh and remember what it's like to feel good, even if it's just for a minute or 2. It's why people like Willie and I exist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://showtheshow.com

Humor and it's cure for cancer...
Page 1 of 1