Adventures of Show Forums

A place for discussions, updates, events, and indecent exposure.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Perfume Ad/Le Twat

Go down 

Rate Le Twat
1 - This video gave me nothing to laugh about.
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
2 - I cracked a smile.
33%
 33% [ 2 ]
3 - It was one of those "i'm laughing on the inside" things.
33%
 33% [ 2 ]
4 - Very funny, pea soup now drips from my nose.
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
5 - Hilarious. Loved it!
17%
 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Chris
Admin

PostSubject: Perfume Ad/Le Twat   3/23/2009, 10:26 am

Our first supplemental video was an idea we had while sitting around with a few friends after a long night of drinking. It was the next morning when one of us (i think it was willie) expressed how odd it was that we call cats "pussies". "Imagine if we called them Twats." he probably said. From there our conversation spiraled out of control while each of us threw out different nouns that could be replaced with the word Twat. Suddenly we recalled the hilarious Antonio Banderas commercial for his new cologne "Spirit". Well it wasn't long till we decided to throw the 2 together and make a commercial for a disgusting perfume with overly exaggerated seriousness. We ultimately chose to poke fun at Paris Hilton because after all, who exaggerates seriousness like Paris Hilton? (we also think she offers the perfect mental image of a nasty twat-related scent)

Let us know what you think via this fancy poll! Feel free to leave comments to give a more specific opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://showtheshow.com
Markiavellian

PostSubject: Re: Perfume Ad/Le Twat   3/24/2009, 3:45 pm

Ok, So i thought i would give my input on this one.

I did not like this perfume ad at all. Here is why.

The concept it-self is kind of cliche. I have seen this type of act [i]several[i] times on
sketch comedy shows. In fact, a youtube search of "Joke perfume ad" brings in a staggering 96 results. Ill give you credit in that yours is a lot better than most of those. But its just beating an already beaten concept into the ground. And then when the punch line comes, there nothing unexpected there. As a result, the clip lacks the comedy that all of your other videos have. I should say that all of the other videos other than this one i loved.

What does everyone else think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chris
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Perfume Ad/Le Twat   3/24/2009, 4:41 pm

Mark, thank you for a very honest review. In our own defense, this was a very rushed shoot. When we conceptualized the idea it seemed so offensive that I personally feel like we let the title of the perfume do all the work, or thought it would. In looking back I would have liked to spend more time on her reactions and on just being more obscene in general. We really wanted some vomit here. I think that would have done a lot more for us, as well as getting our Model to react stronger. All these things were skipped over since we sort of threw this together last minute as we tend to sometimes do. As for the cliche aspect i do agree, it's a bit played out. But honestly we were focusing so much on the fact that we were naming it Twat, that i think we were a bit blinded by basic things this sketch really lacked. Once again, thanks for your review and I encourage every one to please do the same.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://showtheshow.com
Willie

PostSubject: Re: Perfume Ad/Le Twat   3/24/2009, 4:53 pm

I agree. The original concept spawned from a several hour long conversation about the word twat. We really wanted the model to vomit after it was sprayed and act as tho she had just sprayed her self with a skunks anus and then have the camera drop revealing a whole slue of people dropping various film equipment, maybe a guy falling from a scaffolding tearing down a hole in a studio backdrop, ripping away a fake sky revealing studio lots. And Paris Hilton would walk on standing amongst a panic stricken crowd of a vomit covered film crew and saying something like, "whats that smell, its hot" then the tag line. TWAT.

something along those lines, epic and expensive. so we went with a subtle twat joke as we promised a video every Sunday and we were running out of time. as Chris said.

a guy randomly on fire running in the background might of added a touch class as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perfume Ad/Le Twat   

Back to top Go down

Perfume Ad/Le Twat
Page 1 of 1