Adventures of Show Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Adventures of Show Forums

A place for discussions, updates, events, and indecent exposure.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

311 Day!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Admin
Chris

311 Day!!!! Empty
PostSubject: 311 Day!!!!   311 Day!!!! Empty3/11/2009, 8:29 pm

I hope you've all broken out your old albums and had yourself a crazy dance party! Or at least I hope you've bobbed your head a bit...something to honor one of the most entertaining live bands out there. If you haven't had a chance to see them, i highly recommend it (if they even tour these days). To be completely honest I got worn out from 311 a few years back and then they came to my home town (Muhlenberg College) and played a free show. I had never seen them live before and decided to go. It was by far one of the most exciting bands i've ever seen. It's really refreshing to learn there are still great bands out there who are not afraid to lose a little money and give their fans a kick ass show.

In other news, today I took some initiative and deepened the content of our forums. You'll now see lots of interesting categories and fun forums. Please utilize them and make me feel like i did something useful.
Back to top Go down
http://showtheshow.com
tithead

311 Day!!!! Empty
PostSubject: 311 is dope   311 Day!!!! Empty3/12/2009, 12:02 pm

and some buddies of mine have the great pleasure to open up for them coming up soon!

Full Service is a group of craazy gees and if you live in oklahoma, missouri, or texas then you can enjoy them live opening up for 311...

...however I'm pretty sure that most people that post here are from the greater philadelphia area, so you can see Full Service @ The Electric Factory April 24th!
Back to top Go down
http://rooktheband.blogspot.com
Chris
Admin
Chris

311 Day!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 311 Day!!!!   311 Day!!!! Empty3/12/2009, 12:47 pm

thanks tim, yeah most of us are in or around philadelphia but i'm hoping that changes quickly. trying to spread this baby around faster than a VD.
Back to top Go down
http://showtheshow.com
ninhalo6ix

ninhalo6ix

311 Day!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 311 Day!!!!   311 Day!!!! Empty3/23/2009, 11:05 am

lol, on 311 day i listened to my entire ipod's 311 listings. consisted of 311, music, evolver, grassroots, sound system, from chaos, don't tread on me, unity, dammit. it was a freaking awesome day and the 18 year old kids that worked for us kept asking me, "who is 311?"

i freaked! "you don't know?!?!" then i'd grab them and force them to listen to random songs. most people weren't impressed, kids got no clue about music these days. if it isn't played on 96.5 then they have no clue. they like those crappy rap songs that are obviously ripped off from somebody else.

let's not forget about the original.

and flo-rida wasn't the first to "cover" or "rip off" this song.

dope did a cover a few years back. it's funny to watch the development of certain songs as time passes us by.
Back to top Go down
Markiavellian

Markiavellian

311 Day!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 311 Day!!!!   311 Day!!!! Empty3/23/2009, 3:50 pm

Its the nature of hip-hop. The genera has always been pulling bits from other artists. To their credit to do a decent job from a production standpoint. Only a few of them actually make good beats, and i cant think of any examples that are on the radio these days.

oh and ive been listening to some differant stuff lately you guys might like:

Happy Apple
The Bad Plus
Marco Benevento
Beep!

(all modern jazz, but i promise its good stuff)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

311 Day!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: 311 Day!!!!   311 Day!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

311 Day!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Adventures of Show Forums :: Blog Talk :: Chris' Blog-
Jump to: